Report of: 1st Quarter 2018
A) Project Detail/Scope:
ENHANCEMENT OF DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS IN NORTHERN REGION OF KATHMANDU VALLEY (DESIGN, SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF UNDERGROUND DISTRIBUTION NETWORK UNDER MAHARAJGUNJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER INCLUDING REINFORCEMENT AND AUTOMATION)
B) Project Objectives and Goals:
The majority of the distribution networks in major urban centers including Kathmandu Valley were created decades ago and despite significant increase in electricity demand and the number of consumers, minimal reinforcement of the networks has been carried out. Despite the significant increase in electricity demand and the number of consumers, no systematic reinforcement of the distribution network has been carried out for more than a decade. Hence, a massive reinforcement and modernization of distribution networks is required to enhance the distribution capacity and improve reliability and quality of electric supply in the major urban centers including Kathmandu valley by reducing distribution system overloads and losses and by enhancing operational efficiency. In this backdrop, the project aims to contribute to Nepal’s distribution system reinforcement in the Central & Northern Region of the Kathmandu Valley by scaling up distribution system efficiency and reliability, facilitating adequate power supply to meet ever-growing energy needs of the valley, increasing service reliability of the utility and building capacity for the overall distribution system development.
C)Contract Packages: 1
BID No. PMD/PTDEEP/KVCNDSEP–074/75 - 01 : “ENHANCEMENT OF DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS IN NORTHERN REGION OF KATHMANDU VALLEY (DESIGN, SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF UNDERGROUND DISTRIBUTION NETWORK UNDER MAHARAJGUNJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER INCLUDING REINFORCEMENT AND AUTOMATION)”
The following shall be in the scope of the Contractor:
1. Detail DGPS survey and complete network designing (Underground, overhead, automation) and reinforcement of the distribution system including the design of civil works.
2. Laying of 11 kV and LT underground Power cables through Trenchless boring/ open cut digging as applicable. However, the Contractor must use trenchless method for at least 70% of route length of all types of cable laying works.
3. Laying of Optical Fibre Cables to establish communication network for SCADA communication.
4. Erection of 11/ 0.4 kV DT substations and LT feeder panel.
5. Erection of SCADA enabler equipment RMUs, Gang Operating Switches, FRTU, FPIs etc. to be compatible with proposed distribution control centre equipment (where applicable).
6. Associated civil works.
7. Dismantling of Existing 11 kV system including DTs, LT overhead system and the street lights etc. (required if any). Cost for such works shall be included in the installation of the respective items.
8. Restoration (when and as required)
9. Integration with existing NEA Network
10. Support services (operational support and maintenance) for 3 years after issuance of operational acceptance certificate.
11. Optical fibre connection to the equipment and to the distribution automation control centre to achieve proper communication for control and status of the equipment from/to the distribution automation control centre. However, if Distribution automation control centre is not available during the execution, the Contractor is required to test the installed communication facilities and guarantee its operation.
IFB Publication Date: July 23, 2017
Contract Agreement Date: Not yet finalized
Contract Completion Date: Not yet finalized
Cost of Contract: Not yet finalized
- Physical: Not yet finalized
- Financial: Not yet finalized
E) Disbursement Target of the Year: 3.1 million USD
F) Disbursement Amount of the Year: Not yet
G) Hindrance of the Projects: No hindrance till date.
H) Efforts to mitigate Hinderance:
HI Budget for F/Y 2017/18
Nepal government: NRs. 5.5 Million
ADB: US$ 6 million
J) Target of Expenses for F/Y 2017/18: NRs. 10,00,000
K) Social and Environmental Activities including GESI and their impacts to society:
L)Land and Building Details: